Sunday, January 18, 2009

Notes on Jean-Pierre Jeunet and his work.

Was just rewatching Amelie and A Very Long Engagement the other day and it got me to thinking about their Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet one of my favorites...

I love Jeunet's movies because they're so alive! And so injected with his loves and obsessions-interesting people and faces, food and its preparation, gadgets, sight gags, old wives tales, verbal puns, etc. They're so welcoming like somebody putting their arm around your shoulder like "Let me tell you a story!" and then there's a "whoosh" sound and off you go! They're so personal but so welcoming. His movies aren't movies or films, they are an event! And that is rare. So if you haven't seen either one, check them out. And don't forget City of Lost Children and Delicatessen his first two films...you can skip Alien Ressurection as far as I'm concerned...well maybe it's been a while .

No comments: